Christmas

Monday, November 15, 2010

Let's see how this works!

I have just recently become very interested in this blogging stuff! I am going to try and see if I can keep up. I think that stopping every day or two to reflect on what has gone on within the last 24-48 hours is a good thing. All too often I forget about what I did 20 minutes ago. Being a mom of 2 keeps you on your toes for sure but I wouldn't trade it for the world.


I think for this first blog I will just reflect on the past month. I am married to my very best friend and had the wedding I have always dreamed of and then some! I am so grateful for all of our family and friends that came to share our special day with us. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day and couldn't have done any of it without our parents that we love so very much. Barrett and I along with the kiddos are ready for this new journey through life.


 Our first journey together was the honeymoon to The Dominican Republic. We LOVE it there and can't wait to go back. The people were so friendly and welcoming. The resort was out of this world and the beaches were amazing. We have nothing but good things to say about this place. We mainly stayed close to the beach or the pools but we did venture out one day to go on an excursion. We were taken by bus to a starting point where we got to pick out a buggy (more like a go-cart) to ride. We went through all kinds of mud, saw the schools and houses that people there live in and we were taught how to make coffee and chocolate. We really enjoyed getting out for the day and seeing that side of The Dominican. We were gone for 7 nights and were so happy to see the kids when we got back. That is a LONG time to be without those sweet kisses and hugs that momma is used to!


No comments:

Post a Comment