Christmas

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A move and a bump!

Well....we did it! We are all moved in. We still have some stuff to organize and get unpacked but we are here. We got all moved and about 50% unpacked in one day! Whooo that was a lot of work but very well worth it. Kelsey had her room unpacked and was very excited about gaining some space to her living area. She is loving the fact that she can see her carpet and actually has enough room for more than two people to fit in at a time. Oh and I should add that she is probably as thrilled as I am to leave the green carpet behind! Kayden set up some stuff in his room on his own and was so proud of himself for that. Mommy was pretty proud too. Barrett and I have a to do list that is forever long but we are trying to do a little at a time. I think this house re modeling stuff will keep us busy for a while. We are both really excited about it. It's time well spent together and I am enjoying learning new things. I am so glad I married such a handyman! I think after all the unpacking is done and we have a "place" for everything we are going to start on the next project. We have completed one bathroom and will move to the next by the end of this week. I can't wait to have it done. One bathroom for us 4 gets a little tricky in the mornings.

The second night we were at our new home, we ended up at the ER. I had the kids bathed and almost in bed when Kayden ran into the corner of the wall! OUCH! I ran in the hallway to pick him up and went to the living room to look at it and when I picked his head up there was blood everywhere! With the help of Robbie and Kelsey (Barrett wasn't home) we got it to stop bleeding but had to take him to get stitches. Although he was pretty funny on the pain meds they gave him it was one of the hardest things I have had to go through with him. When we asked how he felt before they came in to stitch him up he said "rrrreeeeaaaalllyyyy good!" but after they got done he said he never wanted to go back to that place again! It was awful! The crying and yelling of mommy help was heartbreaking but we made it through 4 stitches later. He is doing just fine now and it seems to be healing quickly. Boys will be boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment